How do you request an analysis of an oil monster?
Step 1: Apply for a sampling set
To send your oil samples in a correct manner to AlphaMS, you can request a sampling set. There are two standard sets available for analysis of 6 or 100 samples respectively.
A set consists of:
- Separately prepackaged sample bottles (100 ml)
- Registration forms
- Unique bar codes to identify your samples
- Preaddressed envelopes to send the samples
Step 2: Sampling
For a correct result of the analysis, the samples must be taken in the correct manner. When taking a sample it is important:
1. to aim for maximum density and minimum disturbance of the data.
2. to observe the correct frequency and always use the same sampling point.
For more useful tips and the different methods for taking a correct sample you can go to this page.
Step 3: Registering the sample
You can register your sample both online and offline:
1. 1. Go to My WearCheck and enter your contact data and the required information on the lubricant used and the machine.
2. Please also enter the barcode number of your sample. In the sampling set you can find three identical barcodes for each sample.
3. Print the form before sending and attach one barcode label on the printed form.
4. Send the online form. You will receive a copy of the completed sample form by email.
5. Attach another barcode to the sampling bottle. Put the bottle and the printed form in the envelope and send it to AlphaMS.
6. For standard analysis you will usally receive an e-mail with the analysis report within 72 hours (if the sample was received by AMS before 8am).
1. In the sampling set you can find one registration form for each sample. Complete this form as best as possible.
2. Attach one of the barcodes in the space provided on the registration form.
3. Attach the second barcode to the sampling bottle.
4. Put the bottle and the sampling form in the envelope and send it to AlphaMS.
5. For standard analysis you will usally receive an e-mail with the analysis report within 72 hours (if the sample was received by AMS before 8am).
Step 4: Results
Following reception of your sample, we will send you an email with the analysis results. You can also consult all your reports under the button "My Reports" on the My WearCheck page.